Mold Testing and Removal

There is a huge importance placed on getting mold testing done in your house.  Especially if it’s an older house.  Exposure to mold can cause a lot of issues with the structural integrity of your house, the resale value, and more importantly, the effect on your health.  Here’s a quick look of how exposure to mold affects your health.

Symptoms of mold exposure

  • Nasal and sinus congestion, runny nose
  • Eye irritation, such as itchy, red, watery eyes
  • Respiratory problems, such as wheezing and difficulty breathing, chest tightness
  • Cough
  • Throat irritation
  • Skin irritation, such as a rash
  • Headache
  • Sneezing

Molds are found everywhere inside and outside, and can grow on almost any substance when moisture is present.  The easiest way to asses mold is to visually see if it is present.  We can come in and do a visual mold testing and recognize the problem.  Some more intrusive methods are necessary in order to spot the problem and take care of it.  Sometimes checking in wall cavities, behind wallpaper or above ceilings is required.  We have the tools and training to recognize the problem and address it properly.  Sometimes, knowing the issue is the most important part in taking an active approach to rectify the problem.  Improper removal can make the problem worse. Removing old drywall, wallpaper or opening up previously enclosed areas can unleash a new, larger problem. Disturbances may reveal existing, hidden mold. It can also serve to disperse mold spores into the air, and possibly be sucked into your HVAC ventilation system. Let the professionals handle it.

Leave a reply

Main Navigation